Zebra_Database it is an advanced, compact (one-file only), lightweight, object-oriented MySQL database wrapper built upon PHP’s MySQL extension. It provides methods for interacting with MySQL databases that are more powerful and intuitive
to use than PHP’s default ones.
It supports transactions and provides ways for caching query results either by saving cached data on the disk, or by using memcache.
The class provides a comprehensive debugging interface with detailed information about the executed queries: execution time, returned/affected rows, excerpts of the found rows, error messages, etc. It also automatically EXPLAIN‘s
each SELECT query (so you don’t miss those keys again!).
It encourages developers to write maintainable code and provides a better default security layer by encouraging the use of prepared statements, where parameters are automatically escaped.
Zebra_Database‘s code is heavily commented and generates no warnings/errors/notices when PHP’s error reporting level is set to E_ALL.
- offers lots of powerful methods for easier interaction with MySQL
- provides a better security layer by encouraging the use of prepared statements, where parameters are automatically escaped
- provides a very detailed debugging interface with lots of useful information about executed queries; it also automatically EXAPLAIN’s each SELECT query
- supports caching of query results to disk or to a memcache server
- has comprehensive documentation
- code is heavily commented and generates no warnings/errors/notices when PHP’s error reporting level is set to E_ALL
Homepage | Documentation | Changelog | Comments